Meet the team
The senior management team has over 175 years of combined experience in their respective fields of expertise.
Mr. Leo Francis Ford Jr.
- Co-Founder of DF Aquaculture Capital Limited, Grenada Sustainable Aquaculture Ltd. and Antigua Sustainable Aquaculture Ltd.
- Founded and was the Managing Partner of a $1.4 billion US Virgin Islands Real Estate Company that was under the auspices of the USVI Economic Development Commission. The USVI Government provided concessions and tax exemptions to the Company and in return, employment and training was created for more than 150 islanders. Additionally, the economic impact for the USVI was significant as the Company was one of the leading revenue generators.
- Founded several international insurance companies with share valuations over $300 million. These companies took advantage of cross border insurance regulations and reinsurance treaties as well as provided individual products.
- Owned the largest international brokerage for Clerical Medical, Scottish Amicable and Old Mutual, with offices from Hong Kong to Buenos Aires.
- Former executive with two of the largest financial services companies in the world, Cigna and CNA.
- Former Commander of NATO Special Weapons Detachment.
- BS degree in Food Technology specialising in cold processing.
Mr. S. Dawody
- Dubai based and engaged in commodities and machinery trade, worldwide agriculture, real estate development and finance.
- Founder and President of Akros and Partners, a Canadian advisory firm consulting High Net Worth Individuals on foreign investment, second citizenship and asset protection
- Akros and Partners, through its Dubai, UAE branch is a market leader in the Middle East. Its wholesale network of sub-firms span throughout China, Hong Kong and Taiwan. Hundreds of millions of USD in foreign direct investment have been placed on behalf of high net worth immigrant investors.
- Advise Caribbean Commonwealth States on Citizen-by-Investment Programs and is an avid promoter of the Global Citizen philosophy.
- Keen on developing the sustainability of aquaculture in a profitable model likened to the early days of agriculture and how it can play a significant role in assisting protein and food shortages in developing regions of today’s world.
Dr. T. Samocha
- Dr. Samocha is the foremost expert in the world for Recirculating Aquaculture Systems.
- Professor Emeritus, Texas A&M University.
- Senior Scientist, Head, AgriLife Research Mariculture Laboratory, Corpus Christi, Texas.
- Senior Scientist, Head, Oceanographic and Limnological Research, National Center for Mariculture.
- Zeigler Bros. Inc., USA, study for the use of hyper-intensive diets for the production of Litopenaeus vannamei (Pacific White Shrimp) in a raceway system operated with no discharge.
- National Fisheries Research & Development Institute, Republic of Korea, study for the use of zero exchange biosecure super-intensive production systems.
- American Soybean Association, Soy-in-Aquaculture Research Program
- USAID, development of biosecure, sustainable and cost-effective culture technologies for edible shrimp in Pakistan and further development of sustainable shrimp production practices in the US.
Dr. Jazaer Dawody
- MBA in Management from Edinburgh Napier University in UK, PhD in Materials Science from Chalmers University of Technology in Sweden and a M.Sc. degree in Chemistry from Gothenburg University in Sweden.
- More than 15 years' experience in energy efficiency and sustainable energy R&D programs and system development projects.
- Held several leading positions at Volvo Group Trucks Technology in Sweden such as R&D program manager, group manager and Director for Propulsion Technology Laboratories.
- AB Volvo representative as board member for several competence centres within the Swedish academy.
- Chairman of the Hydrogen, Fuel Cells and Sustainable Transportation sessions at Renewable Energy Conferences arranged by World Renewable Energy Congress (WREC).
- Member of the editorial board for the Renewable Energy Journal and associate editor for the Renewable Energy and Environmental Sustainability Journal.
- Lecturer, senior researcher and PhD student supervisor in the field of catalysis for emission abatement and hydrogen generation at Chalmers University of Technology and Royal institute of Technology in Sweden.
Professor Torsten Wik
- Torsten Wik is Professor in the Automatic control research group at Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden. He focuses his research and teaching mainly on process control, involving methods and theoretical aspects as well as direct applications. Methods include optimal control, model reduction and systems with model uncertainties. The applications are in general energy saving, environmental and biological systems such as water treatment, recirculating aquaculture systems (RAS), and LED lighting in greenhouses. Torsten is also involved in Volvo vehicle applications, aiming at reduced fuel consumption and increased use of electric propulsion.